How Can I Change My Profile Picture In Facebook

How Can I Change My Profile Picture In Facebook - I've made clear of my abhorrence for Facebook's user interface, which is equivalent parts messy, complex, and outright frustrating.

For example, expect you want to change your account image. Appears like the type of choice you might find in, state, Account Settings. Nope, not there. Personal privacy Settings? Nuh-uh.

Well, perhaps if you click your name to open your profile, you'll discover the option there. Let's see ... no, there's absolutely nothing that states "change account image." Oh, here we go, I'll bet if you click Update Info ...

An additional strike. Exactly what's that, currently, four?


How Can I Change My Profile Picture In Facebook


This is yet one more of Facebook's unbelievably unknown setups that's in fact hiding in plain view. (Previous offender: location sharing.) To change your account image, do this:


1. Open your profile by clicking your name, either on the left side (below the Facebook logo) or the best edge of the toolbar up top.

2. Mouse over your existing photo picture, click Edit Account Picture, after that choose a choice (Choose From Photos, Upload Picture, Edit Thumbnail, etc.) from the drop-down menu that shows up.





That's right! All this time, the option was right there-- provided you hovered your mouse in the ideal spot. Begin, Facebook, you can do better. (Quick note: If you occurred to install one of the Facebook-photo-zoom tools I discussed recently, you could find that the pop-up picture covers the Edit Account Photo tool. Bleh.).

There is, undoubtedly, one more means to tackle this. If you intend to turn an image that's already in your Facebook collection right into your profile photo, you can-- however, again, discovering the choice can be infuriating unless you understand where to look.

Find the photo you desire, after that click it to raise the full-size version in its own window. Now, see that small gear icon in the upper-right edge? Click it, and afterwards select Make Account Photo. Why there's not a button for this along with Tag Photo, Include Area, and so on is past me.

Does this worsen you as high as it does me? Or do you believe I'm being extremely harsh? Regardless, share your thoughts in the comments!