How to Make My Facebook Page Private

How To Make My Facebook Page Private - Unless you are a total social media geek (like myself), you are most likely not up-to-date on every one of the current privacy changes on Facebook. Many people ask me: "How do I make my Facebook web page as private as possible?" In feedback to the demand, (and also to make your life much easier) right here is a step-by-step overview on Facebook Privacy.





How To Make My Facebook Page Private


Step 1: This is where you start!

Have a look at the top right corner of your Facebook web page and click on the arrowhead pointing down. You will see a drop down menu. Click the "Setups" button.





Step 2: We are just starting!

Completing action 1 will bring you to the "General Account Settings" page. Below, you will see a number of choices on the left hand side-- click on "Privacy.".





Step 3: Who can see my stuff?

This section concerns your future articles. You have numerous options on that could in fact see what you publish on Facebook. One tip that most people have no idea about is that you can create a custom-made group. As an example, you can produce a team called "family members," where you can upload concerning an approaching birthday event area as well as only individuals in your picked family members group will certainly see that post! Even with this included feature, I suggest picking the "Pals" setting.






Step 4: That can send you close friend requests?

This section gives you 2 choices-- "Every person" or "Buddies of Pals." Personally, I wish there was a "No One" option! Considering that this alternative doesn't exist, the next best choice is to select "Buddies of Buddies.".





Step 5: Whose messages do I intend to filter right into my inbox?

This section does not, technically, have anything to do with personal privacy, yet I thought it ought to be described. You have two choices below: "Standard filtering system" as well as "Strict filtering system." I have my own set to "Standard," due to the fact that I always forget the various other inbox. If you really don't desire individuals who are you typically aren't currently attached to messaging you, then you ought to choose "Strict.".





Step 6: That can look you up?

This section only applies to those that could not see your e-mail address. If you have your email address posted on your account then you should select "Friends." (I, directly, do not desire complete strangers to be able to see my e-mail address, so I do not have it on my profile.) If you want people to be able to find you, then you must choose "Everybody.".





Step 7: That can look you up using the telephone number you supplied?

This action resembles Tip 6. To remain incredibly exclusive, choose "Close friends." If you do not mind some of your close friends' close friends having accessibility to your contact number, click on "Friends of Buddies" option.





Step 8: (The final step!) Do you desire various other search engines to connect to your timeline?

This is the most essential privacy setting for Facebook. When people use Google (or Bing) to search for you with your name, your Facebook profile will appear in the search engine result. If you wish to stay private, do NOT inspect this box! When it comes to me, I do not have this box checked, since I do not want others locating my web page.




If you select one of the most exclusive option in all of these actions, you have upped your setups to be as private as Facebook will certainly enable. For those who do not believe this suffices, think about staying clear of uploading personal info on your Facebook page (personal images, e-mail, contact number, etc.). Some users will even change their names on their account, so they typically aren't as simple to recognize. As for reasons you should attempt to keep your account private, many are worried about identity burglary.