How Do I Change My Facebook Profile Picture

How Do I Change My Facebook Profile Picture - I have actually made clear of my abhorrence for Facebook's interface, which is equivalent parts untidy, complicated, as well as outright infuriating.

As an example, intend you want to change your account picture. Appears like the sort of alternative you might find in, say, Account Settings. Nope, not there. Privacy Setups? Nuh-uh.

Well, maybe if you click your name to open your profile, you'll find the option there. Let's see ... no, there's nothing that states "adjustment profile picture." Oh, right here we go, I'll wager if you click Update Details ...

Another strike. What's that, now, four?


How Do I Change My Facebook Profile Picture


This is yet another of Facebook's ridiculously odd setups that's really concealing in simple view. (Previous offender: area sharing.) To transform your account picture, do this:


1. Open your account by clicking your name, either on the left side (below the Facebook logo) or the ideal edge of the toolbar up top.

2. Computer mouse over your present photo picture, click Edit Profile Picture, after that select a choice (Choose From Photos, Upload Image, Edit Thumbnail, etc.) from the drop-down menu that shows up.





That's right! All this moment, the option was right there-- provided you hovered your computer mouse in the best spot. Begin, Facebook, you can do better. (Quick note: If you took place to mount among the Facebook-photo-zoom devices I discussed the other day, you may locate that the pop-up image obscures the Edit Account Photo device. Bleh.).

There is, undoubtedly, another way to deal with this. If you intend to transform an image that's already in your Facebook library right into your account image, you could-- but, once more, finding the alternative can be maddening unless you know where to look.

Find the image you want, then click it to raise the full-size version in its very own window. Now, see that tiny equipment symbol in the upper-right edge? Click it, then select Make Account Image. Why there's not a button for this alongside Tag Image, Include Place, and so on is past me.

Does this intensify you as much as it does me? Or do you assume I'm being overly rough? In either case, share your thoughts in the remarks!